Are you an experienced business developer in the field of software and digital innovations and do you have an affinity with Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Does the sound of working in a dynamic working environment with top scientists, using your knowledge and experience to bring AI innovations to market appeal to you? Then we are looking for you for the position of Business Developer AI at Utrecht Holdings, the Knowledge Transfer Office (KTO) of Utrecht University and UMC Utrecht .
What are you going to do
Utrecht Holdings is participating in the national TTT.AI consortium for generating more AI knowledge transfer and startups from academia, see https://icai.ai/about-ttt-ai/ .
You are the central point of contact for researchers, startup companies, funding partner Lumo Labs and other stakeholders to identify promising new AI technology and innovations and help bring this to a market and startup stage. You will proactively screen and scout within the research institutions in Utrecht and with external market parties. Together with researchers, you will assess research results for commercial opportunities that could lead to spinoffs. You make sure that these spinoffs are realised and properly prepared for investors, in close collaboration with your KTO colleagues, your fellow TTT.AI business developers in Amsterdam, Nijmegen and Eindhoven and with Lumo Labs.
You have a relevant background and network that you can use to achieve concrete results. Your strong business development and collaboration skills enable you to bridge the gap between science and the market. You can clearly see and communicate the value of science based AI technology and know for society and the market.
WHAT DO WE REQUIRE?
- University graduate in a discipline in which AI is playing a growing role.
- At least five years of relevant work experience in developing, commercializing and/or implementing software innovations, preferably AI, in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Affinity with setting up and supervising academic startups/spinoffs.
- Affinity with drafting, assessing and making business cases ready for investments.
- Industry expertise in Healthcare, Education, Smart Systems or Security is a plus. Experience within other disciplines, such as Energy or Sustainability is also greatly appreciated. Ability to operate in multidisciplinary settings is a requirement.
- Understanding of (service-oriented) business models and technical protection strategies around AI.
- Affinity with intellectual property law – in the broadest sense – and licensing.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying AI in public and private organizations is a plus.
- Commercial, results and service-oriented attitude with respect for the research community and able to work both independently and in a team.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- A 4 year program, starting with a temporary contract. We are flexible with regards to working hours, with a minimum of three days a week.
- The salary, depending on relevant experience will be offered in compliance with our collective labour agreement Universities (CAO).
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
- Exposure to the latest developments in AI from scientific research and education.
- A dynamic and diverse environment where you will increase the impact of research by bringing innovations to market through spin-offs.
- A central position in the national AI landscape.
- A work environment where you can build close relationships with the [KTO] team and with fellow business developers on the TTT.AI team.
- Access to a challenging international world concerned with closing balanced business deals while respecting the risks and interests of various parties.
ABOUT UTRECHT HOLDINGS
Utrecht Holdings consists of UMCU Holding BV and UU Holding BV, 100% subsidiaries of the University Medical Center in Utrecht and Utrecht University respectively. Utrecht Holdings facilitates the commercialization of UU and UMCU innovations and intellectual property (IP) and invests in promising spin-offs based on scientific discovery from or related to both institutions. Since 2000, Utrecht Holdings invested in over 40 spinoffs.
This vacancy has been re-opened and you can send your CV and motivation letter for this position to before December 20th, 2021 to Mirko Lukács, Senior Business Developer & Investment Manager at Utrecht Holdings on email@example.com. If you have any questions you can also contact him on +31 (0)6 2926 9930.